Thursday, August 6, 2026

Burning Soul Episode 2

 Hi! So. Um. To address the elephant in the room, I'm back, I'm alive, and I exist...

Sorry for leaving the blog so dead for so long ...

In the meantime, I finished both Gekiha Dan & Brave (Brave was AMAZING I get why everyone says it's the best now), and brushed up on BatoSupi as a game so I can actually sort of analyze what they're doing now!

With my current status all done and over with... let's get on with Burning Soul episode 2! It's time for our rival to show up!


To start, we get a bit of a recap of the last episode... which is useful since it's been a couple of months?!

I'm gonna guess this guy's our main rival this season. I get the vibe that he's a red user, so that'd be the first case of that since Heroes, so that's exciting!!

Two WHOS on the screen... also, yeah, I guess last episode just didn't have an opening, but we have one now!! And it goes quite hard, actually. I already listened to it in full before watching, so I'm cheating a bit, but it's really good so check it out!

I still don't know this girl's name.

The three on the right have interesting designs...

Kid Yukimura....

Oh she's cute!!



I know who Toshiie is but I sure would like to know who you are...


I really do like his design.

Kid on the left reminds me of Kenta (MFB) a little bit??


It's. It's kind of odd to throw out all your core on your first turn?????? Huh???????? You could still use it's effect just by having the Soul Core on it, right??????

10000BP on your first turn??? Isn't that a bit overkill???

I don't see why that's so shocking considering you threw out a Spirit with 10000BP on turn 2, of course Toshiie would want the resource advantage now, wouldn't he?

Isn't it a little too early to be this concerned about it? All he has right now is two Yaibird, one at LV2 with a Soul Core, neither of which are any problem for you because your Ikusatokage has a higher BP and Yaibird's Soul Core effect of destroying Spirits/Ultimates with 6000BP or less shouldn't even do anything to it because it gained 4000BP last turn!! ..I think.

Okay great nevermind (it says BP2000)

I guess there wasn't really much need to be so concerned then, if you already had something planned.


The words that have started many a card game rivalry!


Thanks?? For explaining?? Reductions?? Again??

Must be his ace if all that is happening...

Seems I was right!

It's pretty cool looking!...for something with such low BP. (I am way too used to Ulitmates)



Could we consider Ohdoran Heroes' Bladra?! (I know this isn't Heroes, but that is where the card debuted...)


SO I WAS RIGHT!!



With how shocked he is, you'd think he's never seen one in his life before.

Pretty typical Red effect

I mean, thus far he hasn't, but it's only episode 2...

Having no battle forms means they kind of have to just use this boring way of showing life... eh, it's better than nothing.

That's still pretty low BP for an ace, right? (Too used to Ultimates)

Well that's more like it! (Not sure why the image quality took such a nosedive...)

For some reason, this makes me miss Dan.

OH HEY DOESN'T THAT REMIND YOU OF SOMEONE. DOES CLASH KING PERHAPS RING A BELL.

Oh Sasuke, you will be so amazed by the concept of mirror matches

Sure... I guess...

That refresh effect Sengoku-Tiger has would be pretty scary if I didn't know about so many similar cards up to now.

So, Yukimura's still gonna win, right

Yeah, I can see that.

That too.

I highly doubt that's gonna happen, though, the only protagonist who would lose in Episode 2 would be Bashin (probably), and he didn't lose in episode 2. And from what I understand, Yukimura is not the type to lose this early, if at all. 

The music just stopped here...

Okay, that's very cool, but Yukimura, do you seriously only have Sengoku-Gurendragon at ONE?! WHY DO NO BATOSUPI PROTAGS LEARN THAT ITS PERFECTLY OKAY TO HAVE YOUR ACES AT MULTIPLE COPIES!!!!

And now they're tied! This may be a perfect opportunity for me to do so, but I refuse to stoop to referencing memes that'll probably become dated in a year in this blog.


Okay Berserk Yuya

THIS is an explanation I actually appreciate! Because I was a little confused by Awaken sometimes... (sometimes). (I got over it)

Oh hey he said the thing. WHY IS THE IMAGE QUALITY SO BAD ALL OF A SUDDEN?!


He's so cool...

As expected, Yukimura won!!


My exact thoughts.

Well, in BatoSupi, much like other TCGs, you can call luck a skill, after all.

He's just aurafarming now...


We've got ourselves the start of a wonderful rivalry...

I highly doubt he means it that way, but this line reminds me of Kimari

His life has been fucking changed thanks to meeting the coolest guy alive, apparently! Good for you, Sasuke.

It's the guy from the opening!

And the girl from the opening too!

I think they were also in the opening...


WHO???



Here's our card of the day!!
A cost 5 War Dragon with the following effect:
"[LV1][LV2][LV3] Flash - Awaken
You can send any number of cores from Spirits you control to this Spirit.

[LV2][LV3] (Either Attack Step)
When Soul Core is sent to this Spirit via Awaken, once per turn, this Spirit refreshes, and during this turn, it gains +5000 BP."
Not terrible? I honestly thought the card of the day would be Sengoku-Tiger until this guy showed up out of nowhere. I'd say for a cost 5, it's pretty average, but its nice that it has Awaken so we can see Yukimura use both main red keywords. 

And that's a wrap on Episode 2!! Toshiie is a pretty cool rival, so I'm looking forward to seeing him again. I feel like Yukimura winning this one was kind of oddly handled because he sort of just...pulled another Key Spirit out of nowhere, but, okay, fine, that's how it'll be I guess. Burning Soul is pretty fun so far! I'm looking forward to seeing the blue girl next episode!

...or maybe not, I heard she gets treated pretty poorly overall in the series. That's neither here nor there, though, so, thanks for reading and see you next time I eventually update!! 































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Got thoughts of your own? Want to just talk about Battle Spirits? Let it all out here!

Welcome to my Blog!

  Yo! I'm Gear, and yes, this is exactly what you think it is. On my Twitter (gear_chronocle go follow #gearalwaysbeplugging), I used to...